Monday, April 30, 2007

Tinged with homesickness

Good trip to and from the East Coast this past weekend. Bullets:
  • Flights on Delta were mediocre. I actually got some sleep on the red eye on Thursday night, despite sitting next to a guy who generated heat all night. Got stuck in a middle seat from RDU-ATL, which is luckily a 45 minute flight. Note to airlines: make the investment in personal video screens. For the second time in a month I had to watch "The Holiday" because Lufthansa and Delta make everyone watch the same entertainment. Just a brutally bad movie.
  • I miss nice people. Everyone in NC smiles and talks to you and is generally pleasant.
  • I miss tan people, including myself. Now, as any responsible person I'm freaked about skin cancer, but I didn't realize how pasty I had become until I put on my new black golf shoes on Friday. I thought something was wrong with the lighting. Nope. I was just brutally pale, like everyone else in Seattle. People in NC had color. The girls all looked great.
  • I miss the warmth. Obviously I won't be complaining in July when it is gorgeous here and awful back East, but high 70s, low 80s, sun, pleasant breezes... it couldn't have been better. Tough to get back on the plane.
Not much else to report from the weekend. Played great tee-to-green golf but couldn't buy a putt. Wedding was very nice, but I was sad I didn't have my wedding betting group because the combo of the Duke Chapel (long aisle) and a Greek ceremony would have led to some interesting bets. Also, a bridesmaid fainted (she recovered enough to get drunk at the reception), and I'm not putting that as a prop bet for all future weddings.

No comments: