Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Discover hates single people

For some reason Discover has decided to stop sending e-bills, so I have to log on and make sure I haven't accidentally used my card and owe them money. Apparently they've changed their security process, and I had to answer a bunch of security questions in addition to putting in a new password.

Most of the questions were typical: favorite hobby, name of pet, etc. But there was one set of questions that I found particularly offensive: nearly all of them asked something about a significant other. Specifically, the choices were:
  • The name of your boyfriend/girlfriend?
  • The name of the best man at your wedding?
  • The city where you were married?
  • Something else that I chose.
Seriously... why does my credit card company have to be putting the pressure on me to get married? I've got my parents for that. Plus, two of those questions are generally part of the public record, which make them really bad security questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I've never put any pressure on anyone to get married.

Much love, Dad