Saturday, February 3, 2007

Why this blog exists

People seem to have a wide range of opinions as to whether or not I should blog. I have a wide range of opinions as to whether or not I should blog. So I figure, like any good businessman, I should set a mission or vision for the blog in order to explain what I will and won't do.

What I will do:
  • Give basic updates to friends and family about what's going on 2700 miles away
  • Make keen insights on how Washington (the state) is different from Washington (the city)
  • Let Huan make similarly keen insights and updates
  • Post some photos to give context to my stories
  • Brag about my iPhone in 6 months
  • Basically, save me the time of writing the same email to all 9 of my friends and family
What I won't do:
  • Provide links with comments like "I agree" or "Must read"
  • Think that anyone cares about what I say
  • Try to use this blog to launch a career as a columnist or author
I guess the fact that I want some people to read what I have to say defeats the "Think anyone cares about what I have to say" tenant, but we can't all be perfect.

No comments: