Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Target


I need to find the hip Target. Huan and I made a trip to Target after watching Duke get pounded by Maryland this afternoon. I was expecting a similar scene to the NoVA Targets: hip single folks in their 20s and 30s looking for housewares at reasonable prices. Basically, like a bar only without booze or loud music, and with 500-count sheets and candles.

(As an aside, if I'm managing a Target I'm putting a cute staffer in the bedding aisle. There's no chance that a customer buys cheap sheets if they're being watched by a cute girl/guy. They go top shelf. One or two upsells a day covers the extra cost. Target can pay me for this idea in gift cards.)

Anyways, we didn't exactly find that scene, despite being only five miles from UW. First, there were lots of couples with kids named "Cooper." Second, the store itself was kind of picked over. Also, they didn't put the light bulbs anywhere near the lamps, which I found ludicrous.

So the search for the social-Target continues...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lightbulbs are never near lamps. think about it - how many times do you buy lightbulbs a year (maybe 4 or 5)? how many times do you buy lamps a year (maybe 0-1)? that's like saying that microwave popcorn should be near the microwaves. flawed logic, my friend.