Sunday, February 11, 2007

Week Two: A bit tougher

So I'm done with week two. It wasn't as fun as week one. To be honest, it was actually pretty bad at times. People at work are, seemingly, too busy to sit down with me and explain to me what I should be doing, how I should be working with various folks, etc. This is enormously frustrating, because in order to be remotely effective I have to learn about what my group does. And unless people are willing to tell me, well, then I don't know how I'm supposed to learn. I'm smart, but not that smart.

Anyways, the combination of no real progress at work and being in my enormously lonely corporate apartment put me in a bad state of mind. I'm pretty sure my mom actually checked into buying a plane ticket out here after talking to her on the phone on Tuesday night. I found myself having to be very careful about what music I listen to, as sad songs made me want to cry... to prevent this I've banished a lot of music from my iPod. More on this in another post.

(I know the point of a blog is to give "real time" updates rather than weekly summaries, but without internet access at home it's hard to do anything. That should change next week.)

All that said, the week ended on a high point. My car arrived on Thursday. The rest of my stuff arrived on Saturday, and I spent last night in my new place (photos to come once we've cleaned up). That has made me feel much, much better. Week 3 is looking better.

No comments: