Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Gear

I think my first post discussed the way people dress out here, specifically that girls looked kind of trashy and that dudes look kind of fratty. I'm not taking that back, but I'm modifying it.

The folks in this city dress like they just walked out of a dressing room at REI. Everybody has great technical gear (to borrow Huan's phrase). No one wears anything that is bulky or cotton (except jeans, and people probably have really fancy technical jeans that I don't know about yet). They wear layers and layers of wind and water resistant materials. They wear a lot of fleece, not as a jacket but as a sweater. I looked around the bus the other morning and I'm pretty sure I was the only one not wearing North Face. I was wearing Marmot. Anyways, its very intimidating because I know that I'm a bit of a poseur when it comes to technical gear... I own plenty, but I rarely put it to use in a technical sense.

Also, a lot of girls out here have taken to wearing the high black leather boot, which get a strong thumbs up from me. And Huan.

No comments: