Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Salsa redux

Huan and I have become somewhat infamous amongst the Harvard MBA/Microsoft crowd out here for our salsa exploit back in February. It's nice to make your mark early on... now everyone is terrified we're going to walk out of their party with their wedding china.

Anyways, I was at a (mostly Microsoft) BBQ on Derby Day with my friends Pat, Krim, and Cathy. We were standing around on the patio trying to huddle for warmth. Cathy brought over a plate of various snack items... some cheese, some chips, smoked salmon, and some salsa. I didn't recognize it by sight, but as soon as the salsa hit my taste buds I knew its origin. Within seconds the beautiful concoction of tomatoes and onions and cilantro and other goodies was coursing down my throat. I was in heaven. I'm quite sure my eyes rolled back in my head.

It was the Costco salsa.

Pat's a blog reader and so he pretty quickly caught on that we were dealing with the salsa of the gods. I don't remember if anyone encouraged me to try and sneak some out of the party, but I had met the hosts (who were quite nice), and guilt quickly convinced me to leave the salsa be.

But if I'm at another party with an anonymous host... the salsa is fair game. I've got a rep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I demand more blog. What happened to Hsu?