Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Comcast lives down to expectations

I think I had good things to say about a couple of months ago. I take them all back. To be accurate, their customer service has been surprisingly "good." Of course my bar for "good" customer service from a cable company is between "no technician has fallen asleep on my couch" and "I didn't swear at the person I spoke with on the phone."

However, leave it to Comcast to use tecnology to make me unhappy with their product. The cable boxes they have out here use some sort of Microsoft operating system. Which means that the system will stop responding to inputs for 30-50 seconds at a time (mainly when trying to fast forward or rewind through programs). Even better is the "auto-off" feature. Unfortunately, the "auto-off" feature is nonprogrammable, and so the fact that it usually activates in the middle of shows I am watching or recording is especially annoying. Normally I'd blame Microsoft, but I know people who work there and they seem nice, and I don't know anyone at Comcast, so I feel much better about vilifying them.

No comments: