Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm shutting up about the weather

So today was the kind of day when people who complain about the weather (i.e. me and me) in Seattle shut up and say "Oh, that's what you mean when you say the weather is perfect in the summer." It was stunning today... low 70s, light breeze, and more than enough sun to rejuvenate everyone who's been indoors for 6 months. I'm pretty excited about the idea of playing 18 holes of golf after work, which is a legitimate possibility here.

That said, it wouldn't have hurt anyone to sprinkle in a day like this here or there in March.

Another benefit of so much sun is that I found out that I had a view of Mt Rainier from my bedroom (sadly, our balcony is blocked by other apartment buildings, so we can't see Rainier from there). I've lived here for three months and I'm not sure I knew that before. My buddy Pat is in town for a couple weeks and he was bowled over by how impressive the mountain is. Like an idiot I didn't think to take a picture until it was dusk, so even with some Photoshop work it doesn't appear as impressive as it is in person. Still, not something you see in DC.

Mt Rainier and downtown

No comments: