Monday, May 28, 2007

I might die in the next 72 hours

I went to a barbeque tonight and ate about half of a fairly undercooked bratwurst. I was sitting down chatting with people when someone asked "Hey, is that even cooked?" I looked, and while the exterior was nice and browned, the interior was basically red. The other guy eating a brat noticed it as well, and we both threw them back on the grill for another 10 minutes.

So, it's entirely possible that I now have the trichinosis, or whatever pork-born diseases hang out in sausage. Or worms (just thought of that one).

I'm sure my mom is freaking out now, so I should say that while red and undercooked, the brat was actually pretty warm to the touch, and had been on the grill for quite some time. And it's been four hours and I've felt no ill effects. I think I'll be okay. Also, I'm watching Anthony Bourdain eat warthog, um, "colon," and I assume he doesn't die.

No comments: