Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Still alive + grill shots

Well, after 24 hours there appear to be no ill effects from the undercooked brat, other than my dad calling me a wuss and telling me to suck it up. I assume not hearing anything from my mother means that she's on a plane flying out here in preparation for any future illness.

In other grill related news, I bought one on Saturday. Here it is:
It's not very large, but it fits nicely on the deck and is also pretty cheap. Strangely, Seattle law permits gas grills on balconies, but prohibits charcoal grills. This doesn't make a ton of sense to me, since most buildings are fireproof while few buildings are explosion proof. The cool thing about this grill is that the stand actually breaks down and turns into a carrying cart, so if I ever find an inhabitable beach here I can bring my grill. The downside of the small size is that it uses little camping containers of propane, which likely won't last very long. We'll see.

Here are some more shots of the grill in action tonight... the foil packs are vidalia onion and corn. The onion was quite good, the corn left a lot to be desired. The sausages were way overcooked... which shouldn't be a surprise.

Grill with city in background... this is 8:10pm folks. Lots of sunlight here.

No comments: