Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Things that are annoying me

I promise more substantive posts this weekend, but as Huan pointed out its tough to blog when life is routine. To tide you over, here are some things that have been annoying me recently:
  1. My desk chair. While living in my old apartment I struggled to find a desk chair that had no wheels. Finally I bought a simple chair from Crate and Barrel made for dinner tables. It worked great on the hardwood floors. Now the chair is on a carpeted floor, and it is miserable. I need wheels.
  2. Noodles. I love noodles. I remember pestering my parents to go to a wholly mediocre place in Springfield called the Pasta Peddler because I knew they would have pasta, and with a witty name like that the food would probably be good too (I was 10, give me a break). Now I work in the International District, so my choices during lunch are Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, and wholly mediocre "other." Thus for 5 weeks my lunches have consisted of pho, ramen, soba, lo mein, etc. And my backup "quick/easy" dinner is spaghetti. So I'm sick of noodles.
  3. My cellphone. First, it takes at least 15 seconds between pushing a button and getting a reaction. Second, people keep calling me at 6:45am thinking I'm on the East Coast.
  4. Buses. Trains only go where there are tracks. Buses, at least in Seattle, seem to go wherever they want. Before 7:00pm the #2 bus basically takes me door to door. After 7:00pm the #2 doesn't come within 2 miles of my office. Although neither the King County Metro site or the street placards inform you of this fact. Buses also change numbers with seeming randomness; imagine if you got on the Red Line, and two stops later you found out you were on the Orange. It's disconcerting.

No comments: