Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It would appear I wasn't actually on TV

But I was at the game. Despite a rather compelling ending to the actual game, the crowd got much more excited about one of the on-court diversions during a fourth quarter timeout. Some guy from the stands had to make a lay-up, a free throw, a three pointer, and a half court shot in under 60 seconds. If he made them all he won a 50" plasma TV (no one seems to have a spare one of these to offer me, BTW).

He quickly made the lay-up. It took him a couple tries but he hit the free throw. He struggled for a long time on the three pointer, but finally made one with about 15 seconds left. He ran into the half court circle and I figured he'd have nothing left. His first heave drew back iron... pretty close. His second nearly banked in. With 2 seconds left he throws up his third shot... crowds watches skeptically... buzzer sounds... nothing but net. Key Arena blew up. Tyler H, Cory and I actually exchanged hi-fives. Not sure who the dude was, but he came up big.

Of course, it would have been more interesting with me on TV. I was wearing bright orange. Oh well.

No comments: