Monday, March 26, 2007

I smell strongly of flowers

Apartment 403 was a touch musty when we first moved in, so I bought one of those plug-in air freshener thingamajigs. That scent turned out to be pretty overpowering at times, so I don't leave it plugged in all the time. Apparently some of the scented oil leaked out onto the body of the device, because as I went to plug it in my hand came away covered in a thin layer of artificial flower smell.

This is going to be a complete disaster, because this scent seems impervious to traditional cleansing methods. I am currently emitting (albeit sweetly pleasant) odors at long range. I may need to wear gloves to work tomorrow.

And since I have no better context to work this picture into the blog, here's the very pretty tree I look at every morning from my bus stop. Seattle has a strange spring... it's already very green, but the flowering trees all seem to bloom quite early, well before the other deciduous flora in the city. Sadly, the wind and rain knocks off most of the blossoms once they are out.


Yuck. My hand is starting to make me ill.

No comments: