Tuesday, March 6, 2007

New to the 403

We've got some new additions to Apartment 403. First, I greened up the place on Saturday by purchasing a pygmy date palm at Home Depot (which is just blocks from both the Starbucks headquarters and a Krispy Kreme). (And the answer is two glazed.) (And if you're really dumb, the question was "Did you get any donuts.")



I have a very mixed track record with plants: either they live forever, or die within two weeks. My Aunt Linda once bought me a plant for Christmas. She described it as "indestructible." It didn't even see February. If the pygmy date palm can make it to the Derby I feel it's in the clear. (There will be an upcoming post as to why the apartment is perfect for warm weather plants. It will also explain why I'm already missing A/C.)

The second addition is the dining set I bought online a couple weeks ago. It finally showed up this morning. First, look at this picture and try to spot what's wrong:


You probably don't see anything other than styrofoam. Well, that's the whole problem. That's just packing material for two chairs and the table (less the table box, which I threw out before taking the photo). There are still four more chairs to unpack, each with more styrofoam and cardboard. I'm pretty sure the two delivery guys could have pushed the boxes to the apartment and not worn through the various layers. I'm astounded by how much packing material there is, especially considering this isn't high end furniture. This would be less annoying, but our building/city is psycho about recycling.

No comments: