Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Viva Costco Salsa!

When I arrived in DC last Friday I went to have lunch with some ex-coworkers. Sadly, most of them bailed, so I ended up with a man-date with my friend Steve... he blabbered on about some sort of InterWebs business he is starting. The tension broke when my friend Kathy stopped by the restaurant. She brought a gift.

The only salsa worth stealing.

Sadly, la salsa del dios needs to be refrigerated, so I couldn't take it back home to Seattle. Instead I brought it to the little BBQ I attended on Thursday night on my friend Kate's roofdeck. I wondered whether others would think the salsa worthy of the praise I've given it... so I was pleasantly surprised to find that a group of just 7 people at the entire jar. This isn't one of those tiny Tostitos jars either... it's a pretty big container. Now, since this was a pre-dinner appetizer it's entirely possible that people were just hungry and would have eaten anything. But I like to think that they were appreciating how good the salsa was.

No comments: