Saturday, July 14, 2007

Chef Recommends


One in an irregular series of posts about things I like:

  • Music: I've been listening to tons of LCD Soundsystem's "Sound of Silver" this year, and I'd say it's my album of the year by a wide margin. Other records in the mix: The National's "Boxer" and Wilco's "Sky Blue Sky".
  • TV: HBO's "Flight of the Conchords". The New Zealand accents are funny enough, and while usually I hate shows that actively involve singing, these guys win me over with songs such as "The Tape of Love". Quirky without being too hipster.
  • Food: Bacon bleu cheese burgers from Metropolitan Market. Wow. Read that again. Bacon. Bleu cheese. Burgers. Individually they are all champions, but together they are an unstoppable combo. Pippen and Jorden. Kobe and Shaq.
BTW, check out the Wiki page for Thumbs Up. Some pretty good stuff.

No comments: