Monday, July 9, 2007

My friends' wives like nice cars

I had full access to the Curtis family garage this past week, which meant that on average I drove a car that was 14 years old with 105,000 miles. But one of those cars is obviously much nicer than average:


My dad's 911. Purchased off Ebay. Once a suspected drug transporter (with me and my pops at the wheel). A fantastic drive that took me too and from the beach and too and from my friend Brad's wedding. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't hoping to garnish a little extra attention at the wedding by rolling up in a Porsche, even though I was really sheepish anytime anyone asked me if I was driving a 911.

That said, I have to say I am a little disappointed with what kind of attention I managed to attract. It turns out that some really fantastic and beautiful women noticed my ride. One of them even asked me "Can I have a dance with a guy who drives a Porsche?"

Sadly, the girls who liked my wheels all happened to be the same girls who are married to my best friends. Which is obviously less than ideal.

So the car got me nothing. Maybe I'm more of a pickup truck kind of guy.

No comments: