Sunday, August 19, 2007

RIP: My fan (2003-2007)


When your mother tells you to dust your fan, do not listen to her.

I did. I love my mom, but she killed my fan. It was bound to happen sooner or later, because the only time that my fan turns off is when I unplug it in order to move across the country. But I turned it off today because the inch or three of dust that had gathered since January was a little unsightly. So I dusted. It looked nice. But it didn't turn back on. Despite my best efforts I can't figure out how to revive the little fan that could (I'd say for $20 it probably ran for 7000 hours or so). It passed away about 3:15 pm PDT on August 19, 2007. The fan is survived by two other fans in my apartment (neither of which will be turned off any time soon).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Tyler. I really thought dust was a bad thing.
Mom