Sunday, August 19, 2007

An idea I can get behind

I've said that I'm willing to fly back to DC for Felix Navidad 4.0 if my friends will arrange it, even if it means taking a redeye on Friday night and leaving Sunday morning. I enjoy a good party.

Easily the best party idea I've heard in the last year involves the Ducks. You know, the Duck tours that are seemingly popular in DC and Seattle and Boston and any other city that has land and water. (show a picture of a duck). This has to happen.

I was out for drinks with a couple people from work the other day and our SVP was talking about a trip he takes with buddies from college every year. This year they are deciding between golfing in Ireland, or a combo Jazz Fest / RTJ Golf Trail / Kentucky Derby week. The JazzFest-to-Derby trip would involve an RV that they would charter (this guy has that kind of money). We all agreed that Ireland can always happen, but anything linking JazzFest and the Derby would be more fun.

(BTW, I definitely want to do the JazzFest - golf - Derby trip at some point. Just say when.)

Back to the Ducks: as part of this conversation it came out that my boss once attended a bachelorette party on a Duck. They rented out a Duck and rode it from bar to bar all night. They had beer on the Duck. They drove to some bars and floated to others. I'm still struck by the brilliance of this plan... I've seen party buses before, but they seem somewhat generic. Plus, you can't drive a bus into a body of water. How fun would it be to say "Screw the Key Bridge, we're fording the Potomac!"? Even better is that it brings into play the risk of your drunk friend falling into a body of water.

I mean, look at these things:



Anyways, if anyone wants to do this just say the word. I'm in.

No comments: