Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Huan is ruining lives

To say that Huan has "blown up" since arriving in Seattle is an understatement. How many writers for alt-weeklies become world-renowned freak dance experts? His stories have been skewered by the blogosphere* before publication and some cover art of a story he wrote pissed off parents throughout the city and made the evening news.

But now he's getting people fired.

That's not a true statement at all. Uptight Seattlites have decided to fire people, most likely based on a story Huan wrote. I found it much more creepy that the high school girls invited Huan to the prom for 30 seconds before he pointed out that it would be "weird." Sadly, he would have been my second post-college roommate to attend prom had the invite been accepted.

All this comes just a week after the wife of a friend of ours got pissed at Huan for writing about Safeco Field's absurd "red card" fan behavior tool and mentioning our friend by name. She was convinced that he would summarily be fired after it became public knowledge that he had both A) gone to a baseball game and B) had a beer.

Why the recap of Huan's Seattle reign of terror? Because I'm terrified of what might happen after he comes golfing with Tyler H and I on Sunday. Theoretically he's going to write about the course, but I'm sure it will be misinterpreted in a way that will cost me my job. Or, worse, get me banned from the golf course.

* I despise the term blogosphere. It's not like the the Interwebs are a physically distinct world that emits commentary. It's easier to publish via the web than via pamphlet, but it's the same idea. Thus that is that last time that the b-word shall be used here.

No comments: