Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back on the horse

It probably isn't right to say that I'm 100% back, but I feel largely recovered from the little incident that happened a few weeks ago. My insurance company should be cutting me a check for most of my loss and I'm not afraid to walk past the scene of the crime at night any more (but I still cab back when necessary; my boss also is terrified that I might start riding the bus again).

Two things remain unresolved.
  1. The HOA of the condo I live in gave me the bill for the locks on the front and back doors ($450!), along with the most stereotypically passive-aggressive email talking about how many residents were inconvenienced because they only got two free keys, and some people had collected more than two keys prior to the lock change. I declined to write a screed discussing the relative inconvenience of having a gun pointed at you while being relieved of nearly $1000 worth of stuff. I also declined to leave a steaming bag of poo on everyone's doorstep. Luckily my landlord is being cool and has told the HOA to shove it.
  2. I've received lots of emails about whether I recovered the number of the girl I met prior to getting jacked. I did. Nothing to report, however, even if there were that stuff isn't going on the blog. Personal stuff and work stuff are for emails and phone calls. That said, I think my crazy officemate is leaving the company, and at that point I'll be able to share some fascinating stories. Not quite like the guy I worked with in Texas who torched his hotel and then torched our office, but close.

No comments: