Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Placed on the 15 day DL

I sustained maybe the lamest injury of my 30.9 years this past Sunday. To celebrate the Redskins making the playoffs (and, as luck would have it, coming to Seattle) I decided to replace the flush and fill valves on my toilet, which has been slowly running for the past 11 months. Turns out that replacing the flush valve involves taking the bowl off the base of the toilet, which requires a lot of lying on the bathroom floor loosening old bolts*, which requires contorting myself into some weird shapes.

I woke up Monday with what is best described as a Grade 2 strain of my left hamstring. I literally hobbled around work on Monday, and couldn't actually do anything at the gym. I managed to walk 9 holes today, but it required lots of stretching. I don't know how I'm going to make it through life if I regularly injure myself by lying on the floor.

* Don't worry, I had mopped the floor prior to starting this exercise.

No comments: